<a href="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">Flash Required</a>
Flash Required

Human food. Some foods commonly enjoyed by humans are dangerous to dogs, including chocolate
(Theobromine poisoning), onions, grapes and raisins, some types of gum, certain sweeteners and
Macadamia nuts.
Chocolate can contain high amounts of fat and caffeine-like stimulants known as methylxanthines which, ingested in significant amounts,
can potentially produce clinical effects in dogs ranging from vomiting and diarrhea to panting, excessive thirst and urination, hyperactivity,
abnormal heart rhythm, tremors, seizures and even death in severe cases. Typically, the darker the chocolate, the higher the potential for
clinical problems from methylxanthine poisoning. As little as 20 oz (570 g) of milk chocolate—or only 2 oz (57 g) of baking chocolate—can
cause serious problems in a 10-pound (4.5 kg) dog. White chocolate may not have the same potential as darker forms to cause a methylxanthine
poisoning, the high fat content of lighter chocolates could still lead to vomiting and diarrhea, as well as the possible development of life-
threatening pancreatitis, an inflammatory condition of the pancreas.[82]
The acute danger from grapes and raisins was discovered around 2000, and has slowly been publicized since then. The cause is not known.
Small quantities will induce acute renal failure. Sultanas and currants may also be dangerous.[83][84]
Xylitol, a sugar substitute found in a variety of sugar-free and dietetic cookies, mints and chewing gum is proving highly toxic, even fatal, to dogs.[85]
A toxic dose of roasted macadamia nuts may be as little as one nut per kilogram of body weight in the dog.[86]
Alcoholic beverages pose comparable hazards to dogs as they do to humans, but due to low body weight and lack of alcohol tolerance they
are toxic in much smaller portions. Signs of alcohol intoxication in pets may include vomiting, wobbly gait, depression, disorientation, and.or
hypothermia (low core body temperature.) High doses may result in heart arrhythmias, seizures, tremors, and even death.[87]
Plants. Plants such as caladium, dieffenbachia and philodendron will cause throat irritations that will burn the throat going down as well as
coming up. Hops are particularly dangerous and even small quantities can lead to malignant hyperthermia.[88] Amaryllis, daffodil, english ivy,
iris, and tulip (especially the bulbs) cause gastric irritation and sometimes central nervous system excitement followed by coma, and, in severe
cases, even death. Ingesting foxglove, lily of the valley, larkspur and oleander can be life threatening because the cardiovascular system is affected.
Yew is very dangerous because it affects the nervous system. Immediate veterinary treatment is required for dogs that ingest these.
Household poisons. Many household cleaners such as ammonia, bleach, disinfectants, drain cleaner, soaps, detergents, and other cleaners,
mothballs and matches are dangerous to dogs, as are cosmetics such as deodorants, hair coloring, nail polish and remover, home permanent
lotion, and suntan lotion. Dogs find some poisons attractive, such as antifreeze (automotive coolant), slug and snail bait, insect bait, and rodent
poisons. Antifreeze is insidious to dogs, either puddled or even partly cleaned residue, because of its sweet taste. A dog may pick up antifreeze
on its fur and then lick it off.
Animal feces. Dogs occasionally eat their own feces, or the feces of other dogs and other species if available, such as cats, deer, cows, or horses.
This is known as coprophagia. Some dogs develop preferences for one type over another. There is no definitive reason known, although boredom,
hunger, and nutritional needs have been suggested. Eating cat feces is common, possibly because of the high protein content of cat food. Dogs
      eating cat feces from a litter box may lead to Toxoplasmosis. Dogs seem to have different preferences in relation to eating feces. Some are attracted]
to the stools of deer, cows, or horses.[89]
Other risks. Human medications may be toxic to dogs, for example paracetamol/acetaminophen (Tylenol). Zinc toxicity, mostly in the form of the
ingestion of US cents minted after 1982, is commonly fatal in dogs where it causes a severe hemolytic anemia.[90] Some wet dog and cat food
was recalled by Menu Foods in 2007 because it contained a dangerous substance.[91]